Comfort Creatures of North Mississippi is a non-profit, non-denominational, Christian volunteer group dedicated to serving people in our area by providing Animal Assisted Activities & Therapies (AAA/T) to those in need at local nursing homes, hospitals, schools, mental health centers, and other facilities. Please feel free to look around our website to learn more about who we are and what we do.
If your pet loves to meet new people, has basic obedience skills, and is not aggressive, then becoming a volunteer with Comfort Creatures may be a great opportunity for you. If you’re interested, please review the information on how to join us.
2013 Spring Training
We welcome anyone with a “portable pet” to become one of our comfort teams. We visit places like nursing homes, group homes, rehab centers, and schools (R.E.A.D.). Our Spring training classes will be held on Thursday nights at 5:45 April 4th through May 2nd, 2013, beginning with an informational meeting on March 28th.
- All animals must have proof of up-to-date veterinary care, including vaccines.
- Dogs must be 1 year old and you must have owned the dog for at least 6 months.
- Dogs must have basic obedience skills and must love to meet strangers.
- Cats must love to be held by strangers.
- Other pets must have travel containers.
- Animals with a history of aggression may not participate.
Cost for training classes $15.00 (total). Additional costs will vary according to certification type. Scholarships may be available.
Informational Meeting (no pets at this meeting please): Thursday, March 28, 6PM
St Luke’s Methodist Church Gym, 1400 Clayton Ave, Tupelo, MS
For more information, email Jane or call Tricia at 662-791-1982.
If you would like to let other people know about training class (please, thank you!), you may print this flyer and distribute it.